KAYfilms Productions has one goal: to make films. Specifically, high-quality films that we can then enter into festivals and release on the internet for maximum exposure for us and for all the talented industry professionals who contribute to our projects. In the near future, we hope to expand our work to films with larger budgets that can be distributed and that can generate revenue for KAYfilms and everyone involved.
So what are we looking for? Click the title that best describes you, see how you can work with us, and then click here to get started!
Are you an actor? Looking to get your name out there? Even if we don't have any casting calls posted, feel free to send us a link to your headshot and resumé (and demo reel if you have one), and we'll keep you in mind the next time we're casting. When we do post casting calls online, the first place you'll see them besides this website is Austin Film Casting, the yahoo group run by Dan Eggleston.
Are you a director of photography, editor, lighting technician, sound technician, boom operator, production assistant, or work in the film industry in any other way? Want to get yourself out there? Send us a brief message and a summary of your work experience (DPs and editors - send links to demo reels if you have them) and we'll let you know when we have a project that could use your skills.
Need a director? KAYfilms is owned and operated by Katie Young, a director working in both Austin, TX (August-May) and Orange County, CA (May-August). She is always looking to direct films of any length and any genre ("adult" films excluded), because she loves to bring her perspective onto a project and help create something new. Even if you don't have a project ready for a director, contact us. We may have a screenplay that we want you to produce!
Have a screenplay you'd like to see on a screen? Tell us about it! We are looking for screenplays of all lengths. Here's how it works:
1. You send us your screenplay. Tell us about it, and then we'll reply to your email and ask you for a PDF copy.
2. We read it
3. If we don't think it's right for KAYfilms at this time, we'll let you know promptly.
4. If we do think it's right for KAYfilms at this time, we'll still let you know promptly!
5. Then, we'll search for a producer to take over the logistics.
6. Pre-production begins. This includes gathering a budget, scouting locations, and casting. We'll keep you in the loop, and let you have as much input as you'd like!
7. Production begins. We start filming. We'll send you pictures and let you know how things are going.
8. Post-production. Once we've wrapped, the producer will find an editor to put it all together. When post-production is finished, we'll send you a DVD copy of your screenplay transformed into a film!